15,000 Reasons to Nominate a Driver Extraordinaire
MONTREAL — The ninth annual Highway Star of the Year Contest is upon us and we’re looking for some terrific individual out there, who probably doesn’t even know what a great person he or she is. We’re talking about an experienced, safe, conscientious driver who is a credit to the name on the door as well as to the community at large.
The winner gets $15,000 in prizes (including 10 grand in folding money) and a free trip for two to Montreal to the Highway Star of the Year Awards Ceremony, coinciding with ExpoCam 2013.
Nominating your driver is cheap and easy, and of course you can nominate yourself if you prefer.
The competition is organized by Newcom Business Media (the company that owns this website and ExpoCam), and co-sponsored by Freightliner, Meritor, Espar, Cummins, Chevron, and the Owner-Operator’s Association of Canada (OBAC).
Past winners have come from across Canada and included company drivers as well as owner-operators.
The deadline is Friday, Feb. 15. A panel of judges will consider all the nominations and will be contacting qualifying candidates and nominators after that date.
Finally, merely nominating a driver will send the signal that you think the world of him or her.
To get the process started, click here.
And if you’ve any questions, email Peter Carter at email@example.com
Popular this Week:
- IN PRINT -- Better Safe than Sorry: Safety procedures are there to protect, not annoy
- IN PRINT -- A Sense of Scale: The push for more bypass programs is on
- IN PRINT -- The Last Mile: Companies from Amazon to Zootly are transforming trucking
- IN PRINT -- The Quest for Uptime: It begins with Preventive Maintenance checks
- Dual-application milk tankers