Jost International has introduced two new lightweight landing gear systems, designed to reduce trailer weight without compromising strength, the company says. Each is built with the standard Jost internal gearbox, which protects the gearing from abuse and moisture intrusion.
The AlumiLightX is rated at 50,000-lb lift capacity and 27,000-lb side-load capacity, and is said to be both durable and corrosion-resistant. To reduce weight, the upper leg is manufactured from extruded aluminum, and features a heavy-duty reinforced strap for superior side-load strength. The lower leg is made from polyester-coated 'HSLA' steel for added corrosion protection. The AlumiLightX, available with inside and outside mount, can save as much as 40 lb.
The new Jost UL500 landing gear, with rated lift capacity of 55,000 lb and side-load capacity of 29,000 lb, is claimed to be "at least" 27 lb lighter than similarly rated landing gear. A re-engineered lift nut and HSLA steel reduce weight without decreasing strength. Each leg can be outfitted with a grease tube for reduced maintenance requirements.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage