New Shell Diesel Extra -- 'new' is part of its name -- is specially formulated to help get the most out of a truck, says Shell, meaning it's said to save fuel and lower both CO2 emissions and smoke. It's available at select locations in the Shell Flying J network, or in bulk for delivery or pickup.
Shell says the new fuel is designed to keep an engine's fuel system clean and promote more efficient combustion. Its "advanced" formulation also contains anti-corrosion components. Internal Shell tests with heavy-duty diesel engines used in road vehicles have shown fuel savings of up to 3% with the new fuel compared to regular diesel without the fuel economy formula .
The company says this new fuel formulation "embodies Shell’s Smarter Mobility initiative," which is a broad effort that includes "developing more energy-efficient fuels and lubricants; investing in lower-carbon alternatives; offering drivers fuel-saving tips; working in technical partnerships; and helping to reduce CO2 emissions from road-building."
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage