GT Radial says it now has a SmartWay truck tire for every axle position with the recent verification of its GT979 FS trailer tire. It joins the GSL213 FS steer tire and GT669+ FS drive tire, both of which received SmartWay verification in 2010.
The company notes that, on a tractor-trailer combination, the steer tires contribute 15-20% of the tires' overall contribution to fuel economy, drive tires 30-40%, and trailer tires about 40-50%.
Receiving SmartWay verification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency means that the products reduce emissions and provide an estimated fuel savings of 3% or greater against market leading on-highway commercial truck tires.
Follow GT Radial on Twitter -- @gtradialusa.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage