A new Continental tire for low platform trailers, the HTL2 Eco Plus (Heavy Trailer Long-Haul), is said to combine structural durability and improved fuel economy. It's now available for in sizes 215/75R17.5, 235/75R17.5 and 245/70R17.5.
The tire provides low-profile sizes for high cube applications but incorporates compounding that's claimed to offer low rolling resistance and increased fuel savings at cooler operating temperatures. The tire’s tread pattern has married two Continental design favorites – patented groove technologies that reduce stone retention for increased casing life, along with groove geometry that's said to promote efficient water evacuation, traction and wet braking capabilities throughout the tire’s life. Its 18-ply construction allows its heavy capacity.
The HTL2 Eco Plus is available in load range J and tread depths from 13 to 15/32nds.
In other Continental news, the company's first wide-single drive tire, the HDL2 Eco Plus (Heavy Drive Long Haul) in size 445/50R22.5, has now been officially launched for sale. They replace a twin set of 275/80R22.5 duals with significant savings in weight — 668 lb less when combined with aluminum wheels on a five-axle combination, the company says.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage