OTTAWA — The Canadian Trucking Alliance has announced their new executive committee of the board of directors for the 2012-14 term.
The officers are:
- Chairman: Don Streuber, President, Bison Transport, Winnipeg, MB
- 1st Vice Chairman: Mark Seymour, President, Kriska Transportation, Prescott, ON
- 2nd Vice Chairman: Gene Orlick, President, Orlicks Transport Inc., Calgary, AB
- Treasurer: Scott Smith, President, J.D. Smith & Sons Limited, Vaughan, ON
- Secretary: Ed Malysa, President & COO, Trimac Transportation Ltd., Calgary, AB
The at-large members of the Executive Committee are:
- Gord Peddle, President, Altantica Diversified Transportation Systems, Mt. Pearl, NF
- Jean-Claude Fortin, President, J.E. Fortin Inc., St-Bernard-de-Lacolle, QC
- Gord Smith, President, Manitoulin Transport Inc., Gore Bay, ON
- Murray Scadeng, President, Triton Transport Ltd., Langley, BC
CTA noted that former chairmen who are still active in the industry have a seat on the executive committee as do the top staff executive for each provincial trucking association.
David Bradley, president and CEO of the CTA, thanked outgoing chairman Paul Easson of Eassons Transport “for his leadership and steady hand on the rudder over the past two years. After his term in office Paul leaves CTA in as good a shape as it has ever been.”
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage