Navistar's OnCommand Connection is a support program that lets truck operators see important vehicle information while the vehicle is on the road. Integrated with its MaxxForce engines, it aims to anticipate needed maintenance and thus better manage downtime scheduling.
An onboard 'device' detects engine events and service needs through engine performance data on the engine control module. When an alert is detected, a message is sent to the OnCommand customer support center. A 'repair advocate' then identifies the closest International dealer, confirms the needed parts and tools are available, and contacts the customer to schedule an appointment.
OnCommand Connection is currently being piloted, and will be standard on model-year 2013 International ProStar+ trucks with a free two-year subscription to the service.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage