Meritor's new FuelLite drive axle is the first member of its SoloDrive Series of 6x2 tandem rears. Based on the Meritor 160 series drive axle, it's designed for linehaul applications to maximize weight savings and increase fuel efficiency.
The Meritor FuelLite tandem axle delivers nearly 400 lb in weight savings and approximately a 2% increase in fuel efficiency when compared to a traditional 6x4, the company says.
Features include: Meritor’s 160 DualTrac housing that allows the option of running wide-based single tires or duals; a 2.50 to 4.10 ratio range; and a 12.7-mm wall housing that's compatible with all current 40,000-lb tandem air suspensions.
All SoloDrive Series axles will use the same rear tag axle for simplified maintenance and are designed to function optimally with Meritor brakes and options.
The warranty for linehaul applications is five years or 750,000 miles with parts and labour included.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage