WABCO has announced the availability of its new IVTM technology for the North American market. Its "new and improved" Integrated Vehicle Tire Pressure Monitoring system provides drivers with real-time tire pressure information, helping maintain tire inflation at optimum levels and thus reduce fuel consumption up to 2% while increasing tire life up to 20%.
It also detects slow leaks which contribute to heat build-up, the cause of most tire failures.
It fits all wheel sizes and all types of light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles with up to 20 wheels.
The IVTM system uses external wheel-mounted sensors to constantly measure tire pressure and wirelessly transmit this information to an electronic control unit. The ECU alerts the driver to tire-pressure changes either through the factory-installed dashboard display or via an easily mounted dedicated display.
It's the latest generation of technology pioneered in 2003 in collaboration with Michelin. IVTM is a trademark of Michelin.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage