Freightliner models: 108SD, Business Class M2, Cascadia, and Coronado, with model year 2012/13, have been recalled, Transport Canada announced this week.
The issue is over the quick release valve cover that may not have been welded correctly on certain trucks during the manufacturing process. The cover may become loose and separate from the valve body, causing the front brakes to not receive air pressure. This could increase stopping distances, resulting in a crash.
The rear brakes continue to work.
Authorized Daimler repair facilities will inspect and replace the quick release valve if necessary.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage