WABCO showcased its single-piston air disc braking technology for trailers at the recent Mid-America Trucking Show. Its 'Pan' trailer brakes are said to combine an innovative compact design with single-piston technology and taper-wear compensation. Available in 16- to 25-in. rim sizes, these brakes are for trailer-axle applications up to 23,500 lb.
WABCO claims the Pan range is one of the lightest trailer air disc brakes in the industry. The 22.5-in. Pan22, for example, weighs only 79 lb (36 kg) including brake pads.
The company currently supplies these brakes to several leading trailer-axle manufacturers in North America, and says it expects to "significantly increase" adoption by fleet owners and operators. The company says Pan products are specially engineered for North America.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage