Michelin Retread Technologies is aiming at mixed-use fleets and owner-operators working on/off-road applications with its new XZY3 Pre-Mold retread. The all-position tread is claimed to deliver "exceptional" wear and durability.
A mixed-use application is a retreading challenge, the company says, because not every retread can perform in a difficult on/off-road environment.
The XZY3 retread’s compound protects against chipping and cutting, Michelin says, while a center-groove bottom protector guards the center channel from any stone drilling and also assists in ejecting any stones or debris from the groove. The tread’s four-rib design delivers the traction needed for the tire to operate in challenging soft soil and mud.
The retread is available in eight sizes -- 210, 220, 230, 240, 250, 270, 280 and 290/345. The 290/345 size incorporates a winged tread design into the tread blocks for additional shoulder adhesion in high-scrub applications.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage