Phillips Industries has introduced its new Sta-Dry QCMS2 plug/socket designed specifically to eliminate the corrosion damage caused when road contaminants enter a truck's electrical system.
It incorporates a Sta-Dry seal that semi-hardwires the electrical cable to the tractor, completely stopping any debris from entering, according to Phillips. And since it's rarely removed from the tractor, there should be even less chance for damage. The other end of the electrical cable features Phillips’ field-repairable QCP plug. If the plug begins to show signs of corrosion, the cartridge can be easily replaced, keeping the QCMS2 attached to the tractor without breaking its sealed connection.
The housing is completely sealed for maximum protection against magnesium and calcium chlorides, the maker says. A special bonding process connecting the housing to the cable seals out moisture and contaminants at the back of the socket. The brass pins are molded in place to provide a secure connection.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage