ARLINGTON, VA — The American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) released data showing locations in the U.S. with the highest frequency of large truck rollovers using over 50,000 crash records from a nine-year period.
It's the first phase of a three-part research effort aimed at mitigating costly large truck rollovers.
“This research is not only important to the trucking industry, as it informs drivers of potentially dangerous locations, but it should also jumpstart the dialogue between industry and government to work together to improve safety at these sites,” said Steve Niswander, vice president of Safety Policy and Regulatory Relations for Groendyke Transport.
You can view the locations and summary report via an interactive map here.
ATRI said it will continue investigating the identified locations further to better understand rollover causal factors.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage