Western Star has introduced a tractor version of the 4700-model truck launched a year ago. Featuring several fifth-wheel options, the new tractor is especially suited to bulk-haul, local delivery, and construction applications.
Available in both set-forward and set-back day cab configurations, the 4700 tractor has a "high visibility hood" and a wide variety of wheelbase options. As well as what Western Star calls one of the broadest power offerings in a single truck model. From the lightweight Cummins ISC and ISL engines to the much larger Detroit DD13, you've got ratings from 260 to 470 hp.
Transmission offerings include Allison automatic, Eaton manual, and Eaton UltraShift Plus.
New options for the whole 4700 product line include Hendrickson and Watson Chalin lift axles; new roof fairings and side extenders; and Chalmers rubber-spring suspension.
The 4700 tractor is available to order now.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage