Distributed in collaboration with the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA), this guidebook from the American Trucking Associations (ATA) may well be an essential tool. It's based on the North American Cargo Securement Standards, outlining proper cargo securement and providing "easy to read" diagrams, pictures and charts on the principles of preparing cargo for transport. It covers vehicle requirements for vans and flatbeds, cargo tiedowns, loading and securing all types of freight, inspecting cargo, and enforcement and compliance.
The regulations adopted by both the United States (49 CFR Parts 392 and 393) and Canada (NSC Standard #10) are included. Distributed by ATA and the CVSA, this is said to be the same tool used by law enforcement.
The list price is US$20.00, or $15.00 for ATA members.
- 'Blessing of the Pete’ Rekindles Moving Soldier Memorial
- Trucking for Wishes Needs Your Help. And All You Gotta Do is Like Them.
- Trucking Hero: “Something inside me made me stop.”
- Friday Focus: Driver Wages and The Driver Shortage
- Trucking Alliance Tells Carriers to Take Responsibility for Driver Shortage