BC Trucking Association Names New Leader
LANGLEY, BC— Kevin Johnson is the new Chairperson for the British Columbia Trucking Association (BCTA).
Johnson is the vice president of Coastal Pacific Xpress (CPX), a full truckload and less-than-truckload service provider throughout many areas of North America, the I-5 corridor and Western Canada. CPX has a fleet of over 350 trucks and 550 refrigerated trailers.
Johnson began work for CPX, a Surrey-based trucking and logistics company specializing in temperature-controlled and “just in time” overnight deliveries, as an owner-operator in 1998. After more than seven years on the road, he joined the company as a driver trainer and was promoted to driver resource manager. He also worked as the company operations manager from the fall of 2007 to the summer of 2010, when he became the director of corporate governance.
He got involved with the BCTA Board of Directors in 2009 and joined the Executive Committee as First Vice Chairperson in 2012. He has also been a member of the Canadian Trucking Alliance Board of Directors since 2010 and represents BCTA on the Blue Ribbon Task Force on the Driver Shortage.
The BCTA named Johnson chairperson at their Management Conference and Annual General Meeting in in Kelowna, BC, when they elected a new Board of Directors for 2014 – 2015.
Here’s the BCTA’s new Executive Committee:
- First Vice Chairperson: Trevor Sawkins, Coldstar Freight Systems Inc., Victoria
- Second Vice Chairperson: Ken Johnson, Ken Johnson Trucking Ltd., Langley
- Secretary/Treasurer: Gerry Cullen, Western Star & Sterling Trucks of Vancouver Inc., Surrey
- Immediate Past Chairperson: Greg Munden, Munden Ventures Ltd., Kamloops
- Associate Members’ Representative: Ben Boon, Chevron Canada Ltd., Vancouver
- Director-at-Large: Phil Bandstra, Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd., Smithers