Convoy Aims to Drive up Donations for Special Olympics
Winnipeg, MB— So come on, and join the World’s Largest Convoy at 11 a.m. on Sept. 6 in Winnipeg, MB, at the Oak Bluff Recreation Centre. The Manitoba convoy celebrates its seventh year running and brings together law enforcement officials and truck drivers from around the country to raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics athletes. It also promises to be a beautiful sight.
“The Manitoba Trucking Association is thrilled that the trucking industry in Manitoba has embraced this event in support Special Olympics Manitoba. We are extremely proud to be the presenting sponsor of this wonderful event!” said Manitoba Trucking Association, Executive Director Terry Shaw.
By the numbers:
- $55,000 dollars raised at last year’s Manitoba convoy for Special Olympics;
- 171 trucks participated in last year’s convoy in Manitoba;
- $4 million dollars raised in Canada and the U.S. for Special Olympics since the convoy’s inception in 2001;
- 20,000 Manitobans live with an intellectual disability;
- Four other convoys for Special Olympics will take place in September: (Saskatchewan, Sept.13; Ontario, Sept. 13; Alberta, Sept. 20; Nova Scotia, Sept. 20).