C.R. England Awards Harley to Fuel Smart Driver
How's this for inspiration?
C.R. England recently awarded a Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 to driver Devery Hope for showing improvement in Miles Per Gallon and Average Idle percentage for the first quarter of 2012.
Hope, who drives a 2012 Cascadia, was able to achieve a 7.48 MPG with a 6.5 percent idle time. He came in 5 tenths greater than his fellow drivers.
Hope said that he concentrates on progressive shifting, stays in top gear as much as possible, and avoids idling his truck as much as possible.
The promotion ran from January 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012. In order to qualify, drivers availability had to be at 75 percent or higher for the first quarter and no chargeable late loads. Competition included all drivers (company and owner-operators) that had a start date no later than January 1, 2012.
Popular this Week:
- Bill Morneau is Wrong: Despite the promise of automation, drivers will be needed for years to come
- California sees 40% jump in cargo thefts for Q3: report
- GuardDog Connect now standard on Mack LR
- OTA to be involved if Ontario resumes photo radar
- Traction parts dealer acquires Ontario competitor G.P.C.I.S