Get Ready for Blitz Week
GREENBELT, MD— Get ready to be pulled over truckers, it's blitz week.
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance’s (CVSA) annual Roadcheck runs from June 3-5, 2014. During that 72-hour period, nearly 17 trucks or buses are inspected every minute from Canada to Mexico.
And this year, as part of Roadcheck, roadside inspectors will also be handing out materials from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to help drivers and motor carriers Get Road Smart about the Agency’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program.
Here are some of the main equipment targets for the blitz:
- Coupling devices;
- Fuel and exhaust systems;
- Cargo securement;
- Wheels, rims and hubs.
For CSA resources and to order Get Road Smart materials, check out the CSA Website at http://csa.fmcsa.dot.gov/getroadsmart/.
Popular this Week:
- Bill Morneau is Wrong: Despite the promise of automation, drivers will be needed for years to come
- California sees 40% jump in cargo thefts for Q3: report
- GuardDog Connect now standard on Mack LR
- OTA to be involved if Ontario resumes photo radar
- Traction parts dealer acquires Ontario competitor G.P.C.I.S