Idle No More: The Truck Stop Version
KNOXVILLE, TN — IdleAir, the truck-stop electrification service provider, has added a new entertainment package that delivers more than 60 channels of satellite TV to its existing offering of 120V electricity inside and outside the cab as well as basic Internet access.
IdleAir is a division of Convoy Solutions LLC. The company operates 30 locations in 12 states and lets truck drivers eliminate engine idling or running APUs while enjoying powerful air conditioning and heat, 120V electricity, high-speed Internet, and satellite TV.
IdleAir can be found at major Pilot Flying J, Love’s, Sapp Brothers, and select TravelCenters of America and Petro franchisee locations.
To get customers hooked on the new TV service, IdleAir is offering it free between now and January 15.
Beginning January 16, 2013, the service will be offered at a flat $1.49 per hour (plus tax), and available through IdleAir member cards at select locations through April 30, 2013.
Popular this Week:
- Bill Morneau is Wrong: Despite the promise of automation, drivers will be needed for years to come
- California sees 40% jump in cargo thefts for Q3: report
- GuardDog Connect now standard on Mack LR
- OTA to be involved if Ontario resumes photo radar
- Traction parts dealer acquires Ontario competitor G.P.C.I.S