In With the New CTA Executive Committee
TORONTO, ON — The Canadian Trucking Alliance announced the new members of their executive committee of the board of directors for 2014-16.
The officers of the alliance are:
- Chairman: Mark Seymour, President, Kriska Transportation, Prescott, ON.
- 1st Vice Chairman: Gene Orlick, President, Orlicks Transport Inc., Calgary, AB.
- 2nd Vice Chairman: Scott Smith, President, J.D. Smith & Sons Limited, Vaughan, ON.
- Treasurer: Ed Malysa, President and COO, Trimac Transportation Ltd., Calgary, AB.
- Secretary: Gord Peddle, President, Altantica Diversified Transportation Systems, Mt. Pearl, NF.
The at-large members of the executive committee are:
- Jean-Claude Fortin, President, J.E. Fortin Inc., St-Bernard-de-Lacolle, QC
- Tom Payne, President, Payne Transportation LP, Winnipeg, MB
- Murray Scadeng, President, Triton Transport Ltd., Langley, BC
- Gord Smith, President, Manitoulin Transport Inc., Gore Bay, ON
All former CTA chairmen who remain active in the industry have a seat on the executive committee as do the top staff executive for each provincial trucking association.
David Bradley, president and CEO of the alliance thanked past chairman, Don Streuber, President of Bison Transport, "for his leadership and support of the alliance over the past two years.”
“Don has guided CTA through the after effects of the recession and a busy policy agenda. He was the founding chairman and remains a key participant on the CTA Blue Ribbon Task Force on the Driver Shortage. He has played a significant role and we look forward to his ongoing contribution,” Bradley said.