November's Surface Trade Rises 6 Percent
WASHINGTON — Trade using surface transportation (truck, rail, pipeline, mail) between the U.S., Canada and Mexico totaled $81.5 billion in November, the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) reported. Compared to the same month last year, that's a 6.2 percent increase.
Total U.S. trade moved by truck was $56.2, $14.9 billion moved by rail, and $5.9 billion moved by pipeline, BTS said.
U.S.-Canada surface trade was $46.7 billion. Michigan led all states in surface trade with Canada, at $6.6 billion. The top commodity traded between Canada and the U.S.? Vehicles and parts.
Popular this Week:
- Bill Morneau is Wrong: Despite the promise of automation, drivers will be needed for years to come
- California sees 40% jump in cargo thefts for Q3: report
- GuardDog Connect now standard on Mack LR
- OTA to be involved if Ontario resumes photo radar
- Traction parts dealer acquires Ontario competitor G.P.C.I.S