TransCore: Canada Sees Freight Volumes Swell
TORONTO— Despite a marginal two percent increase in freight volumes from April to May this year, TransCore Link Logistics says Canadian freight volumes have increased a substantial 31-percent over the same period in 2013.
The company’s Canadian Freight Index collects and measures data and trends from about 5,000 Canadian trucking companies. TransCore’s Posting Index also contains both historical and real-time data and truck and load volumes.
Where the goods are coming from:
- 69 percent of loads were cross-border
- 25 percent of loads travelled within Canada
Where are the US loads going?
- 57 percent to Ontario
- 21 percent to Western Canada
- 19 percent to Quebec
- Three percent to Atlantic Canada
Where do the Canadian loads come from?
- 42 percent from Western Canada
- 29 percent from Ontario
- 21 percent from Quebec
- Eight percent from Atlantic Canada
Where do the Canadian loads unload?
- 38 percent in Western Canada
- 35 percent in Ontario
- 24 percent in Quebec
- Three percent in Atalntic Canada
Which trucks are used?
- 52 percent are dry vans
- 23 percent are reefers
- 18 percent are flatbeds
- Seven percent are other types