You Only Have One Week to Register for Truck World for Free!
TORONTO, ON —For three days, from Thursday April 10 to Saturday April 12, the International Centre in Mississauga will be the heartbeat of the trucking industry and there’s only one week left to register for free for Truck World, Canada’s national truck show.
For free registration, go to www.truckworld.ca and register with the VIP code, TW14.
This year, the Toronto-based truck show has added a new feature, a Driver Recruitment Pavilion, where carriers can meet and connect with drivers and potential drivers.
Upwards of 45 trucking companies, some for-hire and some private, will participate in the driver fair.
Drivers and potential drivers will be welcome to visit, mingle and learn more about the employment packages and other benefits offered by the participating fleets.
Another reason to attend is that it’s chock full of informative business sessions such as these:
- Thursday, April 10, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: the Transportation Maintenance and Technology Association will host a seminar on the new PMVI structure, how the rules are changing and what you can do to adapt the changes into a working shop.
Jim Pinder, the fleet director of Erb Group of Companies will moderate the panel presentation and the question and answer period.
Available on panel will be Eddy Tschirhart, a consultant with the Canadian Transportation Equipment Association, Jake Francis, the health and safety and customer service manager for Carrier Centres and Robert Monster, the senior vehicle standards engineer with the Ministry of Transport Ontario.
- Friday, April 11, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon: A presentation by Mike Roeth of the North American Council for Freight Efficiency, about their rigorous testing of technologies such as 6x2 axle configurations, tire-pressure maintenance systems, and idle-control devices. This is a must-attend seminar for everyone who wants reliable information about what works and what doesn't work when it comes to spec'ing that next truck.
- Saturday, April 12, 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Shell is sponsoring an owner-operator forum to discuss what happens when CPUs and ECMs Collide. Jim Park will lead the discussion on driverless trucks, platooning, GPS-controlled engines and transmissions and how all these technologies will affect drivers.
Truck World also features:
- Free Parking – 5,000 spaces - No downtown traffic hassles
- 300,000 square feet of trucks, trailers, equipment, tools, technology and services for the trucking industry
- 350+ exhibitors, seminars, workshops and special events
- Be one of the first 2,000 visitors on Saturday and get a free trucking hat, compliments of Truck World exhibitors.
- Win one of five iPads valued at $800 each
- Watch as one of Canada’s most outstanding owner-operators gets named Highway Star of the Year. Booth 5004, Saturday, noon.
And if you’re a hockey fan, you should swing by Castrol’s booth, number 1270, on April 10, where former Maple Leafs’ captain, Wendel Clark will be signing autographs from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
We look forward to meeting you at the largest truck show in Canada this year.