Bridgestone offers two new Bandag retreads, rounding out a trio of patterns designed to balance dependable performance and affordability. The DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads for drive axles help deliver longevity and long-term value without a premium price tag, the company says. They’re available now.
The new treads follow the TR 4.1 trailer pattern introduced late last year
The Bandag DR 5.3 closed-shoulder drive pattern for over-the-road applications is said to feature:
* Robust, solid shoulder for long tread life and uniform wear.
* Aggressive lug pattern for strong traction.
* Stone rejecters to help prevent stone drilling.
* Proprietary compound that contributes to durability and wear life.
The Bandag DR 4.3 open-shoulder drive pattern for a variety of on- and mild off-road applications also features:
* Wide center rib for stability and even wear.
* Open shoulder that provides strong evacuation and traction in adverse weather conditions, along with a strong grip for chains.
Like the TR 4.1 trailer tread pattern, the DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads accommodate common casing sizes used in truckload, LTL and P&D services.